Medical Cannabis has been used in treating or alleviating the pain, nausea, and other symptoms associated with a variety of debilitating medical conditions.
Unfortunately, many individuals who may benefit from Medical Cannabis are either uncertain or unaware of how to obtain access to it.
At Mora Mota Group, we're posting a FAQ list that can help provide insight into the Arizona Medical Marijuana Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is the AMMP?
The Arizona Medical Marijuana Program (AMMP) is a state registry program that was approved by Arizona voters on November 2, 2010.
+ Why was the AMMP Established?
The AMMP was established to administer a registration program under the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA), through the Arizona Department of Public Health and Safety.
+ How do I register for the AMMP?
In order to obtain a patient registry card with the Arizona Medical Marihuana Program, physicians who have a physician-patient relationship with the patient may write certifications for medical marijuana; the physician must hold a valid Arizona license.
+ What are the qualifying medical conditions?
A patient must be diagnosed by a qualifying medical professional for one of the following conditions:
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn's Disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer's disease
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or the treatment for a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition that causes:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome;
- Severe and chronic pain;
- Severe nausea;
- Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy;
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis.
+ Who are the qualified medical professionals?
You may find a local, qualified doctor in your area at WeedMaps.com
+ Where do I send my completed AMMP application?
Once a Physician Certification form is complete, the Patient must submit the completed form, a signed Patient Attestation form and Patient fees through the online application portal available here.
+ What AMMP Applications and Forms do I fill out?
- Adult Patient Application Checklist
- Adult Patient Application Instructions
- Adult Patient Online Application
- Patient Attestation Form
- Add/Replace Caregiver Form (for Qualified Patients only)
Patient Under 18
- Patient Under 18 Application Checklist
- Patient Under 18 Application Instructions
- Patient Under 18 Online Application
- Custodial Parent and Legal Guardian Attestation Form
+ How much cannabis can I posses while registered under the AMMP?
Patients who have been issued and possess a AMMP registry card may legally posses up to:
- 2.5 ounces (70 grams) of usable medical cannabis flower; and
- Posses up to twelve mature cannabis plants in an enclosed, locked facility.
+ What about Primary Caregivers Registered under the MMMP?
As a caregiver, you must have been designated as a caregiver by the qualifying patient you are assisting. The patient must have already completed the online application and been approved by ADHS before you can apply through the ADHS online system.
Prior to attempting to complete the online application, you are strongly encouraged to access and refer to the application checklist and instructions below. As a caregiver, you must also submit fingerprints to ADHS.
- Designated Caregiver Application Checklist
- Designated Caregiver Application Instructions
- Designated Caregiver Online Application
- Fingerprint Verification Form / Fingerprinting Instructions
- Designated Caregiver Attestation Form
+ Where can I get more Information?
You may access the ADHS website here.