Medical Cannabis has been used in treating or alleviating the pain, nausea, and other symptoms associated with a variety of debilitating medical conditions.
Unfortunately, many individuals who may benefit from Medical Cannabis are either uncertain or unaware of how to obtain access to it.
At Mora Mota Group, we're posting a FAQ list that can help provide insight into the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is the AMMP and why was it established?
The Arkansas Medical Marijuana Program (AMMP) was established through a Constitutional amendment passed by voters on November 8, 2016, creating a patient registration program under the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH).
+ How do I register for the AMMP?
The ADH does not yet have an established infrastructure for this type of program, although, interested individuals will be required to meet with a qualified medical professional who may recommend, based on one of the qualifying debilitating medical conditions, that an individual may benefit from the use of Medical Cannabis.
+ What are the qualifying medical conditions?
A patient must be diagnosed by a qualifying medical professional for one of the following conditions:
- HIV Positive or AIDS
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Hepatitis C
- Severe Arthritis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces one (1) or more of the following:
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome;
- Peripheral neuropathy;
- Intractable pain, which is pain that has not responded to ordinary medications, treatment, or surgical measures for more than six months;
- Severe nausea;
- Seizures, including without limitation those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including without limitation those characteristic of multiple sclerosis;
- Any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the Department of Health
+ Who are the qualified medical professionals?
You may find a local, qualified doctor in your area at WeedMaps.com
+ How much cannabis can I posses while registered under the AMMP?
Patients who have been issued and possess a MMMP registry card may legally posses up to 2.5 ounces (70 grams) of usable medical cannabis per a 14 day period.
+ Where can I get more Information?
You may access the ADOH website here.