Medical Cannabis has been used in treating or alleviating the pain, nausea, and other symptoms associated with a variety of debilitating medical conditions.
Unfortunately, many individuals who may benefit from Medical Cannabis are either uncertain or unaware of how to obtain access to it.
At Mora Mota Group, we're posting a FAQ list that can help provide insight into the Colorado Medical Marijuana Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is the CMMP?
The Colorado Medical Marihuana Program (CMMP) is a state registry program that was approved by Colorado voters on November 7, 2000.
+ Why was the MMMP Established?
The CMMP was established to administer a registration program under the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), provided for in the Colorado Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA).
+ How do I register for the MMMP?
In order to obtain a patient registry card with the Colorado Medical Marijuana Program, interested individuals are required to meet with a qualified medical professional who may recommend, based on one of the qualifying debilitating medical conditions, that an individual may benefit from the use of Medical Cannabis.
+ What are the qualifying medical conditions?
A patient must be diagnosed by a qualifying medical professional for one of the following conditions:
- HIV Positive or AIDS
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Severe and Chronic Pain
- Severe Nausea Seizures (Including but not limited to those characteristic of Epilepsy)
- Severe and Persistent Muscle Spasms (Including but not limited to those characteristic of Multiple Sclerosis)
- Other conditions subject to approval by the Colorado Board of Health.
+ Who are the qualified medical professionals?
You may find a local, qualified doctor in your area at WeedMaps.com
+ Where do I send my completed CMMP application?
While the registry will continue to accept paper applications, online registration is available in order to serve patients faster and access information in real time.
Completed Applications and application fee ($15) may be mailed to:
Application Processing, CDPHE HSV-8608, 4300 Cherry Creek Dr. S., Denver, CO 80246-1530.
Check or Money order made out to CDPHE.
+ What CMMP Applications and Forms do I fill out?
+ How much cannabis can I posses while registered under the MMMP?
Patients who have been issued and possess a MMMP registry card may legally posses up to:
- 2 ounces of usable medical cannabis flower; and
- Posses up to three mature, flowering cannabis plants, or six marijuana plants total, in an enclosed, locked facility.
+ What about Primary Caregivers Registered under the CMMP?
All cultivating and transporting caregivers are required to register with the Colorado Medical Marijuana Caregiver Registry as of January 2017.
Four different types of caregivers defined under the CMMP, with only transporting and cultivating caregivers need to register:
- Parents of a minor patient: Are parents of a patient under age 18.
- Advising Caregivers: Provide advice on the medicinal use of marijuana.
- Transporting Caregivers: Rransport marijuana for homebound patients. Only minor and homebound patients can have transporting caregivers.
- Cultivating Caregivers: Grow marijuana on behalf of patients.
Login to your account or register as a caregiver here.
+ Where can I get more Information?
You may access the DPHE website here.