Medical Cannabis has been used in treating or alleviating the pain, nausea, and other symptoms associated with a variety of debilitating medical conditions.
Unfortunately, many individuals who may benefit from Medical Cannabis are either uncertain or unaware of how to obtain access to it.
At Mora Mota Group, we're posting a FAQ list that can help provide insight into the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is the MMMP?
The Michigan Medical Marihuana Program (MMMP) is a state registry program that was approved by Michigan voters on November 4, 2008.
+ Why was the MMMP Established?
The MMMP was established to administer a registration program under the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), provided for in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA).
+ How do I register for the MMMP?
In order to obtain a patient registry card with the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program, interested individuals are required to meet with a qualified medical professional who may recommend, based on one of the qualifying debilitating medical conditions, that an individual may benefit from the use of Medical Cannabis.
+ What are the qualifying medical conditions?
A patient must be diagnosed by a qualifying medical professional for one of the following conditions:
- HIV Positive or AIDS
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Nail Patella
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Severe and Chronic Pain
- Severe Nausea Seizures (Including but not limited to those characteristic of Epilepsy)
- Severe and Persistent Muscle Spasms (Including but not limited to those characteristic of Multiple Sclerosis)
+ Who are the qualified medical professionals?
You may find a local, qualified doctor in your area at WeedMaps.com.
+ Where do I send my completed MMMP application?
Once a Physician Certification form is complete, the Patient must submit the completed form, a signed MMMP application and Patient/Caregiver fees ($60 and $25, as applicable) to:
Michigan Medical Marihuana Program, PO Box 30083 Lansing, MI 48909
Check or money order payable to the State of Michigan-MMMP.
+ What MMMP Applications and Forms do I fill out?
- MMMP Application Packet (Applicants 18 and older)
- MMMP Minor Application Packet (Applicant under 18 years of age)
- Caregiver Change Form
- Change Plant Possession Form
- Patient Name/Address Change Form
- Release for Disclosure of Information Form
+ How much cannabis can I posses while registered under the MMMP?
Patients who have been issued and possess a MMMP registry card may legally posses up to:
- 2.5 ounces (70 grams) of usable medical cannabis flower; and
- Posses up to twelve mature cannabis plants in an enclosed, locked facility.
Patients may obtain their medical cannabis by either growing it themselves or by assigning their plants to a primary caregiver who may cultivate the plants on the patient's behalf.
+ What about Primary Caregivers Registered under the MMMP?
"An individual who registers to become a primary caregiver and is issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to:
- Arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or
- Denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau
For assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of cannabis."
+ Where can I get more Information?
You may access the LARA website here.